Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Death due to carelessness

There are things that I could not forgive myself and one of them is carelessness that leads to a loss of life.
In the early morning that I was suppose to rush off outstation due to a family emergency, I did check all the birds to ensure their cups are all full. My worry is basically on the Zosterops as they are quite voracious eaters for their size, however when I came home, the casualty happens to be a Shama.
Maybe due to the weather, this particular one drinks more. But I should have stuck to my previous setup of 2 cups of water & 1 cup of dry food. When I came back, he was substantially weaken due to thirst. After a bath & feeding of some live food, he develops fits. I tried feeding him some vit b complex, but it appears to be a little late.
All my fault. He was the up and coming fierce bird, a Shama with darker colouration on it's feet - sometimes known as the black feet shama.

Rest in peace, I owe you one.


- Time you enjoy wasting wasn't wasted -

No comments: