Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Song of the White-rumped Shama Pt.3 of 79

Reading the white papers on this website, ok! ok!, I will go with the parabolic microphone.

http://www.telinga.com/

Now, where to find a local supplier?

Continuing this thought about communications among birds....
I am much influenced by early Buddhist thoughts. Among the traditions that I admired most is the Dhutanga practice of the forest monks. Among them, one that stands out among them is Phra Ajaan Mun Bhuridatta (1840 - 1949). Well, this is not going to turn into a religious thing, but reading about him first shed light into communications among animals. I mean, I suspected it all along, but he just gave me the confirmation or rather confidence in that direction. That animals do communicate in their own limited capacity.
I am not about to suggest that we could learn the language of animals, but understanding the mental and physical conditions of a bird by its song seems an achievable target. How? thats why this is going to be 79 parts long hahaha!

No comments: