Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pride of a fruit seller

I have been buying fruits from a stall for a long time. Basically bananas (pisang nipah) and papayas for the bulbuls. It probably didn't cross the seller's mind that I was feeding them to the birds.

One day, out of curiosity, she commented that I appear to like the pisang nipah very much. Sheepishly, I told her its for the birds to eat. Immediately she became alarmed and ask me not to buy them. She offered me the over riped ones for free (in pic below). Not a bad deal.... as they are still of good enough quality & not rotten. I settled for a discounted deal as its for long term.

Well, she could have just keep quiet and sell me the usual stock. But I suppose a sense of pride of her fresh & beautiful fruits preceeds other considerations ;-)





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: