Monday, June 11, 2012

Cockroach culture

Currently I have 2 breeds of cockroaches. Well, there are over 3,000 species out there, so 2 is not too much ;)
I shall refrain from naming the specie just in case I am inadvertently promoting misinformation which actually happens quite a lot of time :(

Today's highlight is actually a roach culture that has been around for more than 5 years. Possibly much much longer as I took the culture from Mr. John Yim, a gentleman who is well known to have been around the bird scene longer than I have been alive.

And this culture went through a yo-yo of up and down, disease and pest infestation.... but they survived until this day. So, the thing is, there will be a lot of inbreeding among the roaches.... so much so that if a DNA were to be done, I could have inevitably created a sub-specie hahaha!

So, anybody out there keeping these roaches, I would appreciate if I can buy some from you to introduce new genetic material to further strengthen my culture. Thank you.




posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: